This should be an interesting question for anyone who’s using the Arduino board and try to optimize the software side for current and future projects. I found it on Reddit in one and another form, and I’ll present the most important ideas here in a concise and easy to understand way.
Arduino language advantages
- The Arduino libraries make things easier to operate the functions of the Arduino boards
- The Arduino language adds extra features designed for Arduino boards
- Arduino IDE and Arduino programming language have the goal to simplify programming for beginners
- One of the greatest advantage using C/C++ is that you can have a toolkit of libraries to interface with hardware, networking, front-end GUIs, etc.
- With C or C++ you can directly access the registers on the microcontroller and write code that is not in the Arduino code
- Since the Arduino libraries are written in C/C++, you can interface with them directly
- C/C++ let you manage limited resources better
Please let me know in the comment section your opinion regarding the programming language you use with Arduino.