The benefit of a DIY tank track lies in designer’s attention to fit for a specific project. However, to stay inspired and come up with unusual ideas, a design needs some unique and creative stuff — a small detail that would make a big difference.
Who says that a robot should use only off the shelf tank tracks instead of using our personal skills to build them from scratch? Sure, those are nice, but sometimes we need to build custom parts. Even if you’re designing a simple tank track, there are a number of possibilities you can explore to make things move.
For instance, have you ever thought of building one of these designs?
- How to make custom and strong tank tracks for very cheap
- Wooden tank thread vehicle
- How I Made My Tracks
- Track Systems
- TTP – TheTankProject V2
- Power Wheels Robotic Tank M1
- Moon Rover
- Wifi Camera Tank, Only Bigger
- Tank v2
- Tamiya tank treads
- Stepper-driven tank platform for remotely operated vehicle
- Arduino Book Case (Tank Tracks Mod)
- Mini tank
- Modio SpiderBot Remixed with Tank Treads from Kongotronic 3000
- Universal Servo Driven Tank Tracks
- Continuous Tank Treads
- Arduino 3d printed modular tank chassis
- Custom Tread Track System
(Image credits: Instructables, Woodgears, Rctankcombat, Letsmakerobots, Thingiverse)